Friday, June 4, 2010

Jergens Natural Glow Revitalizing Daily Moisturizer for Medium Skin (gradual self-tanner) Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥


Let me start by letting you know that I am not a pro at self-tanner. I know that lots of girls know how to apply self-tanners of any kind with out getting streaks. I am not one of those girls. I need a product that is fool proof. This one is the easiest I have found to apply while still giving the appearance of a natural tan. There are just a few tips I use to insure a streak less finish.

First, I always shave or wax my legs. It just seems to leave a more even finish this way.

Then, I exfoliate the areas where I will be applying the self-tanner.

After, I exfoliate I apply the self-tanner to my legs, arms, stomach, chest, and neck. I do not apply this to my feet and hands. When I apply it to my legs I squirt the product in my hand and start in the middle of the calf portion of my leg I blend downward toward my ankle and then upward toward my knee. When there is barely any product left on my hand I blend it into my knee, with my knee bent. Be very careful about how much product you apply to the knee, because to much will make you look like you have dirty knees. I apply the self-tanner to my thighs, arms, and stomach the same way as I did on my calf. Starting in the middle and blending down and up. On my neck and chest I do it the same way as well, I just use very little product.

Finally, when you have finished applying the product to the areas that you want, do not get dressed immediately. You have to let the product dry on your skin before you get dressed. Otherwise your clothes can rub off the self-tanner and cause a patchy look. I always take this time to cleanse my face, brush my teeth, and get ready for bed. You could even stand in front of a fan for a few minutes.

Also, I like to apply my self-tanner at night that way I can see my results in the morning and if I have any problem areas I can fix them before I leave out for the day. If you have a light spot just add a tad bit more product to the spot and blend, blend, blend. If you have a dark spot take an old tooth brush and lightly rub the spot.

I hope that this helps to get you started on your sunless tanning routine. I have used this product for the past 3 summers to get a great faux tan. In my younger dumber years I did go to the tanning bed every now and then, but I was really never a "fake baker", you know the kind who goes like religion. But even seldom visits to the tanning bed are dangerous. So, now that I got smart about that stuff. I use this self-tanner and tan with out UV rays. It works!

If anyone has any questions about using this please leave a comment in the box. I will do my best to answer any questions for you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 

Tiffany L. Prevost Esthetician & Makeup Artist Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada