Monday, May 24, 2010

Sooo Pissed!! T3 Pro Blowdryer is Broken!- Rant & Review


So, I was doing my usual blow-out on my hair tonight. I was about 1/2 way done with my hair. I turn my T3 off and set it on the bathroom counter to section off another piece of hair. Got my hair on my large T3 round brush, reached for my blow-dryer. All ready to go, I clicked the power button. Guess what I heard .... Eeeeeekkkkkekekekekekek! What the fuck! I was scared to turn the damn thing back on. I thought it was going to blow up in my hand. Yep, I think the fricking fan broke! So, pissed off! Just so I could get my hair finished, I had to bring out my recently purchased T3 Bespoke Overnight Dryer. Damn that Pro!

Ok, I'm calm now... I purchased my T3 Pro 7 months ago at the Sephora Friends and Family sale. The orginal price was I believe $119.99 and I got the 25% discount + tax, so I paid something like $97.88 for it. I know that is a great price for a T3 dryer, but don't waste your money on this one. It is garbage and tears up way before it is even broken in good. I had a cheap ass WHAL dryer before I bought this one and even though it was horrible for the health of my hair it lasted me 2 years before I gave it away and it is still working for my DH's cousin. Go ahead and just fork out the extra cash if there is anyway possible and get the Featherweight or Evolution. Save your money up and don't get screwed. Don't get me wrong the T3 Pro gave me the best and quickest blow-out I have ever had, but whatever when it only last 7 months.

7 comments:

Unknown on May 27, 2010 at 4:32 AM said...

Sorry to hear about the bust- is it covered by warranty. I know in Australia, most electrical items have a 12mths warranty and you can get it replace or your money refunded if it stops working within a year.
I'm also in the market to pick up a hair dryer as my el cheapo one that has lasted me over 7 years blew a fuse and is now only blowing out cold air (great for summer I guess but its winter here now). I heard Parlux (Italian made brand) is great and Vidal Sassoon just released a pro version with a 5 year motor warranty in Australia. Not sure if it is avaliable in the US. I am planning on picking up the VS one when my department store have a 20% off the $159 price tag

Tiffany L. Prevost on June 2, 2010 at 2:02 AM said...

Yeah, T3 offers a 24 month warranty on their products. They will either fix or replace your product. Better than that Sephora will give you your money back or give you a store credit as well. That is why I always buy my high ticket items from them, they have the most lenient return policy I have ever seen. Even after 7 months and no receipt I got a store credit when I returned my dryer last Thursday. I will use the store credit to purchase my GHD flat iron when they have the friends and family sale. My friend who lives in NY will be CPing my T3 Featherweight from the Essentials near her. The Featherweight is a much better dryer than the T3 Pro, and is the one I should have bought when I got the Pro. Essential's has the T3 Featherweight for $150usd when it usually cost $200usd. I'm just so happy Sephora took my return!

Unknown on June 2, 2010 at 7:31 AM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown on June 2, 2010 at 7:34 AM said...

Btw, I own a GHD too but I rarely use it, as I find that my hair is more brittle and breaks even more even after 1 use.

Such a shame, as I do like the results from it, just not the damage it does to my hair. My hair is naturally brittle already so any high heat kills and fries it. I have chemically straightened my hair with Shisiedo straightening at the hairdressers instead. It is less harsh on my hair OMHO

Unknown on June 2, 2010 at 7:37 AM said...

glad to hear it worked out for you Tiff. At least you are NOT financially worse off.
I just picked up my dryer last night. Will be washing my hair this evening and testing it out, but I can tell I will love it already.

You're so lucky you have someone to CP sale items for you. Wish I had someone to CP stuff from the US for me to AU. SO many stuff I find online stores or Ebay don't ship to my country :( which is very disappointing, especially with the sales season coming up

Tiffany L. Prevost on June 2, 2010 at 11:23 PM said...

Lilpil, send me an e-mail. I would be glad to CP for you sometime. Give me a holla. tiff796@gmail.com

Unknown on June 23, 2010 at 8:14 AM said...

Hi Tiff, sorry for long absence. Been very busy for me at work lately and haven't had chance to read your blog. Catching up right now.
Thanks for your sweet offer hun, I'll keep an eye out for anything I'm interested and will email you.

Post a Comment

Followers

 

Tiffany L. Prevost Esthetician & Makeup Artist Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada