Tuesday, February 1, 2011

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation Review- Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥


Everyone has been raving about this foundation for what seems like forever. I was reluctant to get it because I thought that there was no way the foundation could ever live up to all the hype around it. So, after thinking about it for a while I went ahead and purchased it with my Sephora on-line credit that I had been saving up. I purchased the shade Fiji for my NC25/MUFE HD #125 skin tone. Fiji is a pretty good match, a tad on the light side, but not bad at all. It's a shade that will suit me fine for the winter, but would be way to light for the summer months. Which is fine, because I think that the Sheer Glow formula will only work on me when the air is dryer. I think it maybe a little to moisturizing for the summer months. It just seems that in the hot humidity it could be a real grease ball. Which brings me to another point. I have normal to slightly dry skin on my face and this foundation works great for my skin type. However, I would be very careful with this stuff if you have oily skin. I could see this turning your face into an oil slick. As far as my skin and my experience with NARS Sheer Glow this is the best winter foundation I could ask for. I wouldn't call it a full coverage foundation. It's what I would describe as a medium coverage foundation. It covers minor skin imperfections such as redness, fine lines, and slight pores. It blends into the skin, giving a naturally flawless look without looking cakey, which I love. The finish is not really a glowy or dewy finish which is kind of what I expected since it is called Sheer Glow. The finish is more of an in-between finish. It's not really a dewy or matte finish. It's more of a natural looking satiny finish. Definitely, what I would call my skin but better.


The price of the NARS Sheer Glow is pretty normal for a high end brand of foundation. I paid $42 US for 1 oz. of this foundation at Sephora. Sephora also sells 1 oz. of Make Up For Ever HD foundation for $40 US. So the high price point was really no surprise, and I do feel like the product is worth the money. I feel if there is only one product that you should splurge on it should be on foundation. Your foundation is what the rest of your makeup goes on top of  so if your foundation starts out looking crapy so will your entire look. However, not always is it necessary to buy an expensive foundation to get a good one. My beloved Revlon Colorstay is a wonderful foundation for the bargain price of $9 US, but it is a totally different formula than the NARS Sheer Glow, and is not what I would consider a good foundation for the winter if you need a more moisturizing foundation. Revlon CS can be a little to drying on my skin in the cooler months when I need a slightly moisturizing formula. This is the main reason why I always prefer to have different foundations for the summer and for the winter. Just as I have to adjust my skincare needs as the seasons change I have to do the same for my foundation needs as well. So, NARS Sheer Glow is now my favorite winter foundation. I guess sometimes products can live up to the hype.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 

Tiffany L. Prevost Esthetician & Makeup Artist Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada