Friday, November 19, 2010

Makeup Forever HD Invisible Coverage Foundation- ♥♥♥♥


This is my fall/winter go to foundation. I can't wear this one in the spring/winter simply because it does not stand a chance in the hot, extremely humid weather that we have here in Louisiana. But when the weather is cooler this is my favorite foundation. I like it because it gives a flawless look to the skin. As you know I'm getting verrry close to 30 yrs. old, and though I take good care of my skin, time just does things to your skin that you would rather not let everyone see. That is what is great about this stuff, it is so build-able, and has great coverage, but it doesn't make you look like you're wearing a mask. It leaves a flawless healthy looking dewy finish. The price is a little steep to me. I bought mine at Sephora for $40 US, but really it is a bargin. I have had my MUFE HD foundation for almost 2 yrs. now, and I haven't made a dent in the bottle at all. It still looks brand new. This is because all you need for great coverage is 2 squirts. This foundation comes with a pump which is always great! I pump once on my hand and apply that to one side of my face. Then I pump again, on my hand and apply to the other side. I always use a brush to apply it with. I think this helps with not needing so much product.

Another great thing about this foundation is the color selection. If you are a lady like myself and have a horrible time getting your exact foundation match this is a great foundation. The color section is huge! The Sephora website offers 26 shades ranging from the palest to the darkest shades with every undertone imaginable. My advice when picking out a foundation shade is to always get 3 samples. Get the shade that looks like your perfect match. Then get one shade lighter and a shade darker. Apply each one and go outside and see what each on looks like in natural light. The lights in department stores always suck. After you have picked the one that suits you then go buy the full size bottle. This way you can be sure you have the best match possible.

This is really great stuff and if you have been wanting to give it a try and just didn't know whether or not to splurge on it. You really should. Plus, if you buy from  Sephora their return policy is great so you won't be stuck with it, if  you are not satisfied. Actually, I returned my first bottle in #119 because the shade was a bit to light for me, and got my perfect match in #125. The SA's were great about it and I had no problem exchanging it for me.

I hope you enjoyed the review. I will be reviewing more MUFE soon. I have the HD Microfinish Powder and Black Aqua Eyes Eyeliner Pencil on the books already. I would really like to try to get the MUFE Face and Body Foundation as well. I think it would be a great spring/summer foundation since it is water proof. However, there is not as many foundation shades to choose from as the HD foundation, and finding a match is not going to be as easy. I'll still give it a go, and let you know.

2 comments:

Amy on November 25, 2010 at 7:34 AM said...

It's coming up to summer for us now. I need something that won't melt away in 35 degree celius (95F) heat but not feel too heavy either all. Any recs for that?

Tiffany L. Prevost on November 26, 2010 at 12:17 AM said...

Oh yes! I have a great rec for a summer time foundation that will definitely stand up to the heat & humidity. My all time favorite foundation for any time of the year. Revlon ColorStay Foundation. It's the best! I will do a full review for you on Wednesday. I've also heard that MUFE Face & Body is a good one as well, but I haven't had the chance to try it yet. I'll let you know when I get a chance to pick some up.

Post a Comment

Followers

 

Tiffany L. Prevost Esthetician & Makeup Artist Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada