Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My Summer Mani and Pedi: China Glaze: Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥


I am a sucker for a beautiful bright mani/pedi for the spring and summer months. For the most amazing color selection I turn to China Glaze. It doesn't matter what your favorite shade may be, they are bound to have several that you fall in love with. I like pretty much any color as long as it suits me. I do tend to lean towards blues, purples, pinks, corals, and reds, but I'm easily swayed in any color direction. China Glaze finishes range from a sheer, cream, shimmer, and glitter. I tend to stick with either a shimmer or a cream finish. I sometimes will do a sheer on my mani, but never on my pedi. I never go for the glitters. I'm over 21 so no glitter for me. I know is probably just me. I wore glitter nail polish before I could wear makeup on my face, so it reminds me of a young look. Though, I have seen ladies my age wear it and pull it off. I just don't think I could.

China Glaze's (CG's) formula is usually great (you always have a few bad apples) and gives results that last in between 3-5 days, depending on the top coat I use. Seche Vite gives me the most lasting results. I would compare the formula and the staying power to Essie's polishes. The only formula I like better than Essie and China Glaze is OPI, we're talking 5-7 day long mani with OPI. I must say that regardless of which formula I use my manis tend to be slightly more short lived than most ladies would be. I put my mani through the ringer, with taking care of my three ^sweet♥'s^ (dh included), cleaning, cooking, and digging in the flower beds my mani takes some extreme abuse. So most lady's manis will stay going strong long after I have made a new color selection. Honestly, I have a routine of changing my polishes on Monday and Thursday nights. I do it this way so that I will have a new shade for the weekdays and another shade for the weekends. I know, pretty silly, but I love it!

I will try my best to post swatches of both of my weekly manis for you this summer. So, keep an eye out for that. It won't be hard to miss as bright as they all are- lol ; ) I hope you love it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 

Tiffany L. Prevost Esthetician & Makeup Artist Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada