Sunday, April 18, 2010

Acne Free Treatment System Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5%- Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥


This acne 3 step treatment system has been said to be better than ProActive. I can't say whether or not I agree because I never bought the ProActive line. The only reason why is because the AcneFree System works great for me. I feel like why should I buy a more expensive product when the cheaper one works for me? You can purchase this stuff at just about anywhere, CVS, Walgreens ect., Wal-Mart, Target, and SAM's carries it too. It costs about $20 USD, but I bought some at SAM's for $17 USD a while back.

I fall in the 25-30 yrs. age category and it wasn't until I reached this age that I ever had any problems with acne. All through my teen years when we're supposed to get acne I never did. I mean, I would get the little "warning acne" letting me know that it was almost "that time of the month". Even then, I never had a true break out, always just one or two. Back then I would just spot treat the blemish and be on my way. Ever since I turned 25 it has been an on going battle to keep my face clear. I guess my hormones fluctuated from having my 2 babies and the consequences is "hormonal acne". Darn it! I wouldn't call my current acne breakouts either. It's more like "acne prone"...I get these tiny bumps on my forehead and by my temples. I think that these are probably caused by my sweat and the natural oils from my hair (my hair is not oily) clogging my pores. Occasionally, I get one on my chin at the corner of my mouth. I used Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser (salicylic acid) for a long time and it worked pretty good. But, in the summer of '09 my skin went crazy and it seemed like nothing I used was working. I was still getting the bumps on my forehead, and my Avenno wasn't doing a thing to get rid of them or prevent them. I tried spreading the Clean & Clear spot treatment all over my forehead and going to bed to let it soak in. Nothing...

I went on the hunt for something that would really help. I had seen the AcneFree System at my Wal-Mart and wondered what it was all about. I turned to my trusted MakeupAlly for reviews, it sounded great to me, and I purchased it the next time I went into town. I got the exact set that is pictured in the MUA reviews. The results were great for me, but you must give it at least two weeks to really start working, at least that was the case for me.

 I use the cleanser in the morning and at night. I remove my makeup and smooth a small amount all over my damp face with clean fingers. I prefer to use my fingers because if you use a cotton pad like the bottle suggest, the product soaks in the cotton pad and you don't get the full strength on your face. Then, I scrub the cleanser in using circular motions with my hand held face brush ($2 from Sally's). Next, I rise and fallow with the AcneFree Renewing Toner.  Again, I don't use a cotton pad for this either. I pour a little at a time into my hand and apply it to my face like a guy applies an aftershave. I know it sounds weird, but it works, and you're not wasting your product. I only use the toner in the morning, because I found it a little to drying to use both am and pm. But, that's just me. If your skin is on the oily side you might want to use it morning and night. Last, comes the AcneFree Repair Lotion. I use my fingers for this one too, and only at night. I don't like using it in the morning because of the heaviness of the moisturizer. It seems to make my skin to oily for day. I tried using it day and night, but when I applied my foundation after the moisturizer dried, about 2 hrs. later my face looked yucky. My skin looked oily and my foundation looked really caky and flaky. So I just stopped using the Repair Lotion in the morning. When I first started using the system it took about 1 week for my skin to stop purging. Within this time my skin was pretty broken-out. I had several blemishes. The beginning of the second week they started clearing up. By the third week I was all clear and have been ever since. So, as far as the AcneFree System Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% goes, I love it!

I do have a skin routine that I fallow like religion so that my skin always looks it's best. I will tell you more about all of that stuff in my Daily Skin Regimen post. I will be posting that this week, so keep an eye out for more good info.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 

Tiffany L. Prevost Esthetician & Makeup Artist Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada