Monday, April 19, 2010

Asprin Masks- Review- Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥


The aspirin mask is a life saver for many people including myself. It's a tried and true home remedy for acne, enlarged pores, and redness. Aspirin contains a derivative of salicylic acid and an anti-inflammatory which work wonders for treating these skin problems. I must say that the aspirin masks may not be for everyone. The salicylic acid found in the 6 aspirin that are recommended in the mask recipes are a much more concentrated level than you find in most over the counter acne treatments. Therefore, the aspirin mask can be extremely harsh and drying on very dry, sensitive, or rosacea skin types. I'm not saying that people with these skin types should not try the mask. But, I am saying that you may need to adjust the amount of aspirin you use to accommodate your skins reaction to it. You may also need to adjust the amount of time you leave the mask on for. If your skin gets dry and flaky, I would decrease the aspirin by one pill and decrease the time by 5 minutes. Then, try again until you get the results you desire. I also recommend fallowing the aspirin mask with a moisturizer suitable for your skin. I have skin that is on the dryish side so I always fallow the mask with a nice coat of Eucerin Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Creme. I have used various recipes of this mask approximately once a week for the past 5 months and my skin looks fantastic. You can use the mask more often than I do especially if you acne is more on the severe side, but I wouldn't use it more that 3 times a week. I think it would be way to drying if you use it more than that.

Bottom Line: It's great stuff just use it carefully and experiment with it until you get it right for you.
Aspirin Mask Recipes For All Types of Skin- How To

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 

Tiffany L. Prevost Esthetician & Makeup Artist Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada