Friday, February 26, 2010

NYX For Your Eyes Only- Smokey Eyes 10 Color Palette: Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥


The NYX Smokey Eyes palette is amazing and a must have! This palette is all you need to create the most sultry smokey eye you have ever seen, and have enough options to wear a different one the next day. Although, I wear a different eye look from day to day. I reach for this palette at least once a week. The shades are classic shades that are must haves for any smokey eye. You can easily make this a colorful smokey eye by throwing in a purple shade, green, or whatever shade you love. It will change the whole look, but you will still be able to use the shades you already have in this palette. The eyeshadows have a nice soft texture similar to MAC's Frost and Matte2 shades, not quite as soft as the Veluxe Pearl ones, but very very close. The color pay-off is very good and equal to MAC's, imo. The packaging is a little ummm I would say childish, but very practical and durable.
The case is sleek and black with a kind of "childish" writing/drawing on the top, but inside you have a nice size mirror, and a place to hold the sponge applicator.You can purchase these at cherryculture for about $8.00 USD. There are several others to choose from, but this is the only palette in the For Your Eyes Only Collection I was interested in. They also carry the Runway Collection 10 color palettes, Carribean Collection 5 color palettes which are the same price. I will be swatching and reviewing some of these as well.
















I hope you love it!

3 comments:

Unknown on March 27, 2010 at 10:05 PM said...

thanks for that Tiffany, I was thinking of getting that palette but shipping to Australia is so expensive... but you have not killed my craving at all Lol- its only getting worse.

If you do own more NYX products, please do a review on them. I've heard great things about them but haven't really gotten into collecting them yet as its not so cheap and not widely available in Australia... (nothing is, a MAC eye shadow is $34AUD retail which is about $30USD, ridiculous). I always try to find some kind person who resides on the US to buy products for me but sometimes that doesn't always work.

Love your posts so I'm bookmarking your blog and will be visiting on regular basis. Keep up your good work on those sigma brush posts too... cos I'm abit curious on those brushes. I have quite a massive collection of MAC and NARS brushes already but there are a few MAC brushes (Eg. MAC 134, 130) etc that I haven't got and am interested in the sigma versions.

Tiffany L. Prevost on April 14, 2010 at 3:25 AM said...

Lilpil: Yay! My first comment! Thank you for all your kind comments. I'm so happy that I could help. Sorry I made your lemmings for the NXY stuff worse, lol :) It really sucks how much you have to shell out for their products in Austrlia. NYX products are some of the best drugstore stuff ever. I have more to come too. I just got in more of the 10 & 5 palette eyeshadows that I will be posting about later this week. I will also be updating the Sigma brushes post soon. I hope you will check it out :)

Tiffany L. Prevost on April 14, 2010 at 11:46 AM said...

Lilpil: I forgot to tell you...If you subscribe, you can opt to have an e-mail send to you so that you will know exactly when I update with more info. Thanks again :)

Post a Comment

Followers

 

Tiffany L. Prevost Esthetician & Makeup Artist Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada