Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Products that I always turn to... HG.


I will try not to write to many of these type of posts, where I just blab about whatever, but I really want everyone to know about this stuff. These are the things that no matter what kind of new and improved junk I pick up and try, I always go back to these products. You know tried and true...HG ; )

Cleansing: Acne Free System (am & pm)

Eye Makeup Remover: Unscented Baby Oil Gel & Almay Makeup Removing Toilettes (they're cheap, wet, and don't sting)

Day Moisturizer w/ SPF: Eucerin Everday Protection Face Lotion for Sensitive Skin SPF 30

Update 5/3/10: This is doing the trick for now but, it does seem a little "oily" to me. I do have drier skin so it's not so bad. I will give Neutrogena Dry Touch SPF 30 a try next.

Night Moisturizer:  Eucerin Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Creme

Night Treatment: Neutrogena Ageless Intensive Tone Correcting Serum Night (for dark pigmented spots)

Weekly Mask: Honey and Aspirin Mask (keeps skin blemish free)

Concealer: MAC Studio Lights (Ideal Pink-LE) top off with Benefit Powderflage.

Foundation: Revlon Colorstay or MUFE HD

Update 5/3/10: Found out a new trick...I mix Revlon Colorstay with the new Revlon PhotoReady foundation. Hello gorgeous glow that gives MUFE HD a run for it's department store money. Love it!

Setting Powder: Coastal Scents Silica Spheres Powder or MUFE HD Powder (contains the same ingrediants CS is just cheaper)

Blush: MAC Powder Blush or MAC MSF (no cream blush from MAC, way to sticky) (NARS for cream blush)

Contour/Highlight: MAC Pro Accentuate/MAC Pro Scuplt Powder

Eyehadow Primer: Eghhhh...I haven't found one yet. UDPP and L'oreal De-Crease's packaging sucks! Very wasteful.

Eyeshadow Base: NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils & MAC Paint Pots (I'm looking for a product that you can use for a primer & colored base all in one, I'll let you know how it goes)

Update 5/3/10: MAC Grease Paint Sticks are the shiiiiit. I missed them in Style Black, but was able to get B from a friend. I resently purchased Slick Black, Dirty and Charred Mauve from the Art Supplies collection. These a must haves for a smokey eye that is to die for. 

Eyeshadow: MAC However, I don't buy most of the lusters, shity texture & color pay off ; NYX Runway & Carribean Collection Palettes only. I don't like the singles b/c of the shape of the packaging, but I've heard that the texture is nice as well as the pigmentation, nor the trios b/c the texture sucks! I also like the Coastal Scents 88 palettes. I've tried the Warm & Shimmer ones and they are great for the price.

Eyeliner: Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil or Coastal Scents Gel Eyeliners

Mascara: L'oreal Voluminous Waterproof, NYX Doll Eye Waterproof, and MAC Zoom Lash

Lipstick/Lipgloss: Whatever catches my eye. I try to only buy drugstore ones, b/c I'm addicted to them so much it would cost me a small fortune if I bought all of them for department store prices, but I have tried several of the MAC ones and they're very nice.

Nail Polish: OPI, Essie, China Glaze. For a trendy color that I won't use much more than a season. I like to use Sinful Colors polishes. I also like to Franken with the Sinful Colors polishes. Sooo fun!

Brushes: Sigma. Yes, Sigma. I love them. I will continue to buy the LE FULLSIZE MAC brushes as they are released, but as far as a regular line, everyday use brush, it's Sigma. I do not use the MAC SE brushes at all. I have drugstore brushes that imo, are better quality than the MAC SE ones. See my full review post for more details.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 

Tiffany L. Prevost Esthetician & Makeup Artist Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada